Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Resonation

What a world we're living in. What a world!

A world filled with variety, walking paradoxes, insanity and joy. And this very same world, is one that, not always, but often enough scavenges for love everywhere, anywhere with anyone, hoping to find it. (And I'm not just talking about boy-girl relationships.) And what do we sometimes find?

We find that to be loved, we need to have it all together, be that student that scores all the time, be the man that doesn't cry, for a daughter, be the son her family longed for, to be happy all the time, to never stand up for yourself, to never wear our hearts on our sleeves, to conform just because, to be rich enough, to put on cakes of makeup, to never admit our faults...and the list goes on.

But sometimes, the more we search, the less we find love.



And sometimes, it drives us to think that it. Doesn't. Exist. Because our mission is futile. And we start talking about being single forever. Or that only our pet dog loves us.

And we can only conclude that true love only happens for some people, but not for the less than perfect kid. Not for the person with the nasty attitude. Not for the girl that can't lose weight.

And even if we do get acceptance and love for that kind of stuff, we are never satisfied. Why?

Because that kind of love is conditional. Only if you fulfill the terms and conditions, will you be loved. It's kinda like a contract law. Hahahaha!

What's so funny? It's true! Is it not?

Ain't smart enough? Get out of here.
You're only average looking? Out you go.
You tell super lame jokes that no one laughs at? Errr....
You didn't bathe for 2 weeks? GET OUT OF MY SIGHT! :O

And what's wrong with conditional love? Well, nothing. It's just that I don't think we'll find that it's enough. Ultimately, what we really want is to be loved for who we are. But finding that kind of full acceptance is hard.

And because of that, it's possible that we can't even find it in ourselves to look in the mirror and love the person staring back at you.

Even if we did live the perfect life, it's possible (not saying it is) that we are loved for only the things at the surface. There's no depth, no substance. Just superficiality.

Starved, we are, for love. Impoverished of acceptance. In a world of prosperity and us living in a country with not much wants, it's a stark contrast to the poverty we are in when it comes to this bare necessity - love. And I'm talking about true love. Of course, there is to some extent love from genuine people like friends and family members, but some people never get that kind of love, even. And maybe you'll find that even that is not enough.

And yet, there is hope. It's my favourite word these days.

If only we listened hard enough. Let our walls come down. Allow pre-conceived ideas to take a step back and truly stay still and silent, we just might hear a voice, so soft, so still, and yet, so real, telling us, "I was there all along to love you, for you. I WAS ALWAYS THERE!!!".

And when you are enveloped with that unconditional, selfless love, suddenly, you will find that for once, you are no longer starved, but filled. Not just to the brim, but you can't help but overflow that love to other people because you were loved first. That, to me, is one of the essence of loved - being so loved that you can't help but love others too.




He cries in the corner where nobody sees
He’s the kid with the story no one would believe
He prays every night, “Dear God won’t you please
Could you send someone here who will love me?”

Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means

Her office is shrinking a little each day
She’s the woman whose husband has run away
She’ll go to the gym after working today
Maybe if she was thinner
Then he would’ve stayed
And she says…

Who will love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love, what love really means

He’s waiting to die as he sits all alone
He’s a man in a cell who regrets what he’s done
He utters a cry from the depths of his soul
“Oh Lord, forgive me, I want to go home”

Then he heard a voice somewhere deep inside
And it said “I know you’ve murdered and I know you’ve lied
I have watched you suffer all of your life
And now that you’ll listen, I’ll tell you that I...”

I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew

4:09AM
17/2/11

No comments:

Post a Comment